Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Launch!

Welcome to our new blog for Tools, A Personal Memoir. Following the death of our late father, John Occhipinti, in October of 2003, I expanded on the eulogy I had earlier written for Dad, and began reflecting and writing even more about Dad's life and our family memories. The more things I remembered, it became even more clear how much Dad had taught me over the course of our lives. The best part was that I felt Dad sitting next to me as I wrote Tools. I also felt Dad listening as I read aloud my latest chapter and lesson. Following a brief informal presentation to my local Italians in Nashville group in July of 2007, I was overwhelmed with the positive responses I received. Members were moved to laughter and tears, and came up afterwards to share their appreciation of my stories and to also share their family stories. Then I realized that my book, though a collectional of personal family stories, actually helped people to connect with their own stories and to share them. Our goal in creating this blog is to provide a forum for readers to share their thoughts and reflections about Tools and their own family experiences. Enjoy! TJO

No comments: